About the Project
Flash Frozen is a Surival Horror Game developed for PC on the Unity Engine.
In the game you are trapped on a shipwrecked vessel, haunted and warped by a living ice entity. The player must escape the ship while staying warm and surviving the harsh frozen environment and its many dangers.
The game development cycle was 6 months (2 College Semesters), with a team of 8 Artists and 4 programmers.
The game tied for first place at the 2013 E3 College Game Competition.
To download and play the game, please head on over to http://www.flashfrozengame.com/ (The Game is available for PC, with xbox 360 controller support)
- Lead Writer: I handled writing the story and creative direction of the game. I also wrote all 13 narrative pieces in the game.
- Level Designer: I worked in collaboration with the game’s lead designer, and created level layouts, prototyped them and then readjusted based on playtesting.
- Level Builder: I created Level meshes based on the level layouts, placed assets and built the finals levels in the Unity Game Engine.
- Lighting Artist: I worked with the Lead Artist and did the in-Engine Lighting for all the levels, setting tone and mood for each level and managed light baking and lightmapping.
- 3D Artist: I made some 3D Assets & Props, Modelling, UVing and Texturing each.
- Marketting: I was also created the website for the game, and did a documentary on the development process.
Process: Level Design
Narrative in the game is told through various items that the player can find, pick up and then read in the environment.
The narrative system was created to add a story to the world that was optional and made for players that wanted to invest in it.
I proceeded to write all 13 narrative peices, and then worked with one artist to create image textures that served as the final visual for the player.
To view Writing Samples, please [Click Here]